The main purpose of the cloud is to easily share projects.
How to share a project
Sharing a project depends on the subscription and the number of users you have. To share a project, you have two possibilities:
- Invite users to the cloud, where they will need to log in with an email address and password (see the article “Invite members to the cloud” for details)
- Share a project publicly with a URL, members just need to have the URL generated, in order to view the project.
How public sharing works and how to use it
To be able to use public sharing, you need to have an advanced subscription of at least 8 users. Otherwise, you will have limited access to public sharing features or no access at all.
Go to the settings of the project you want to share, click on the public sharing window on the left side of the panel. You will be able to see this screen:
Turn on the "Enable / Disable Sharing" switch and specify an expiration date for public sharing.
The expiration date depends on the subscription you have, for example:
- Freemium: 7 days maximum
- Standard: 7 days maximum
- Advanced starting from 8 users: 100 days maximum
- Also possible to customize on request
Once you set the expiration date and activate the switch, a unique URL and embed code (iframe) will be generated. You can copy the share link and send it to your members, so that they can see the project or you can also use the embed code to add the project to your website for example.
You also have the possibility of giving access to some of the tools when using the integration code, to do this you can activate them from the switch by clicking on it:
- Show / Deactivate menu
- Show / deactivate the tool palette
- Show / deactivate minimap